Sunday, February 14, 2010

Market Round up

I had a wonderful day at the market yesterday. Catching up with Crafty Mates and meeting some lovely new crafty talent!

Songbird had a good day. I was happy with my new table set up (including shiny new table cloth! and some new packaging).

The lovely Lisa from Kozo tape was there and was seated across from me, which is dangerous really cause I got to drool over the awesome variety of tape she was selling. Check out a couple of snaps of them below.






Lisa is just finalising her website and then we will run a feature and a giveaway here.

My other purchases were from Spirocreations - an NZ / Canadian, Husband and Wife team who have recently resettled in NZ. They drove up from Mt Maungani for the day and it was so cool to have them there. You can read their blog here and their Etsy shop is here. They are still setting up so didn't have their full product range but from the looks of what I purchased (see below), the shoes must be amazing!
Welcome Barb and Issac - hope to see you again soon!



My purchases below - YUMMY


And the last on my trip of yummy things was the work of textile artist Adele Du Barry who was here from Adelaide (a kiwi now living in Oz). Adele make the most beautiful pieces that can be stretched over canvas or incorporated into a project of your own. I thought they were divine. Hopefully Adele will make it back to the market soon. (please note - my terrible photography does not do her work justice!)



So, we get stuck in to another week. I get to have a lovely discussion (read argument) with Courier post to try and get my beads from them so I can make some more things!!!

A quote from Audrey Hepburn to finish. I really liked this

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

Craft love
Sx

1 comment:

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time!