Saturday, September 26, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
I had time and space to ‘create’, I took some time for me (a slow morning, brunch at the local and a movie) and then at the end of the day, feeling very happy, I was revived and enjoyed family time in a different way than the days before yesterday.
I was reading Lisa Leonard’s blog this morning, and I was reminded how important it is to have time to yourself and how this time, makes subsequent time spent with your family, of a better quality.
The photo Lisa posted, captures it all for me.
photo credit: Lisa Leonard
Hope you get to have some ‘me’ time soon.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Busy things are:
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
I had a really great weekend. On my way to Kraftbomb I had a realisation about why I love the Craft community. Apart from the ability to share our passion for creating, and being around like minded, motivated individuals, the other massive benefit is Acceptance. Crafters come in all sizes and shapes, from all sorts of backgrounds, all ages with varied life situations and there is a massive acceptance of each other and a strong sense of community. You probably all know this and have thought about it already but I was having a ‘moment’ and I though “Double cool to be a crafter”.
Other things I love:
1. The Corner Grocer (I think that is its name) on Richmond Rd – the most TO DIE FOR Lemon Curd Brioche and the coffee – YUM. Well worth a stop.
2. The Child’s new Door embellishment c/- Bam Bam Creative. This has started a plan of decorating the door… need to get the rest sorted now.
3. Tuesday’s – US bloggers back on line. Monday’s are boring for getting blogger inspiration (apart from you Kiwi bloggers of course)
4. The lovely package exchange hosted by Oh Hello Friend. I just LOVE packaging and this idea is to die for. The effort that people have put into the packaging let along the gifts is stunning. Check out the photos on Flickr here. Seeing this has inspired me to do better with my packaging. Watch this space for more.
image credit: oh hello friend
5. My new fancy wearable. It arrived. Care of the most brilliant of artists, Emily from The Black Apple. Will try and post a photo of it 'in real life'. I will be wearing it a bit as I am addicted to it!
6. The weather has been very inspiring this week. Makes one want to get out there and experience all of the loveliness.